Sunday, January 31, 2016

Goals in 2016

Blogging hasn't really been my thing. As you can tell by the sporadic method of posting, I'm on-again off-again when it comes to writing on this blog. However, I recently attended a conference on prayer and leadership in Jefferson Oregon (info here), and was encouraged and convicted to be intentional with personal goal setting. I want to become a better writer, which would require writing more frequently. So, I have made it a goal for 2016 to write one blog post per month this year. You can see this one is written on the last day of January, so procrastination wins this time. But no longer! Starting in February, I intend to write at least one blog post before the month is over. As an encouragement to you (and an added sense of accountability for me), below are my personal goals for 2016.
1.       I will read the Bible in 60 days during the months of September and October.
2.       I will write my final speech to be delivered at my funeral.
3.       I will read 24 books, and keep up with magazines.
4.       I will write a personal mission statement.
5.       I will go skiing 3 times, one of those times will be with Olivia and the babies.
6.       I will increase my prayer time to one hour every day by the end of the year.
7.       I will recruit two people (other than Olivia) who will agree to pray for me consistently.
8.       I will do the Wallowa Lake triathlon with Olivia.
9.       I will take each of my kids out individually on a daddy date once per month.
10.   I will call my little brother Conner once per week.
11.   I will write a blog post/article once a month.
12.   I will begin the habit of ending my day with a time of confession of sin.
13.   I will listen to at least one sermon podcast each week.
14.   If asked to preach, I will read the given passage and its context at least 50 times, and pray for a total of 1 hour during the sermon prep.
15.   I will pray with Olivia three times a week.
16.   I will write a prayer of daily commitment and start the habit of beginning each day with this prayer.
17.   I will memorize 24 passages of Scripture, writing each new passage down 10 times while also reviewing previously memorized passages.
18.   I will study and complete book overviews, including charts, for 8 books of the Bible.
19.   I will make a final decision regarding seminary, submit my application(s), and spend time looking for grants and scholarships.
20.   I will go see Brian Regan live in the Tri-Cities with Olivia on Valentine’s day.
21.   I will review these goals no less than once a week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment